All commissions.ng sites come with a very basic visitor counter.
To get more in-depth information about your website's visitors, the recommendation is to use google analytics.
You can implement google analytics by taking the following steps
NOTE: You will need a google account to be able to use google analytics. If you already have a google account and this is your first time with analytics, skip to step 3. If you already have a google analytics account skip to step 7.
Step 1: Visit the following link to create a google account using your existing email address. https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount
Step 2: Complete the google sign-up process
Step 3: Sign into google analytics page by visiting the following link . https://www.google.com/analytics, then select Analytics
Step 4: Click Sign up
Step 5: Make sure you are on the website tab, Then use the following information
- Account Name: Commissions.ng SiteName
- Websitename: Commissions.ng Sitename
- Website URL : Use your full commissions.ng website address. If you have a custom domain name, use it instead
- Industry Category : Shopping (for ecommerce module, Travel ( for hotels module) , Internet and Telecom (for web hosting module). If you have more than one module, then select anyone.
- Reporting Time zone: Nigeria
Step 6: Get Tracking ID. You must accept terms and conditions to continue
Step 7: copy the tracking code as show in the image below
Step 8: Log into your commissions.ng dashboard and click on EDIT
Step 9: Click on edit section under Advanced Stuff as shown in the image below
Step 10: Paste your google analytics code into the field provided and save.
Step 11: Visit the home page of your website.
Step 11: Go back to google analytics and click home. You should start seeing your website traffic now. It may take a few hours before Google recognizes the code and start displaying data for the first time.