All commissions.ng sites come with a very basic visitor counter.
To get more in-depth information about your website's visitors, the recommendation is to use Google Analytics.
You can implement Google Analytics by taking the following steps:
NOTE: You will need a Google account to be able to use Google Analytics. If you already have a Google account and this is your first time with analytics, skip to step 3. If you already have a Google Analytics account, skip to step 7.
Step 1: Visit the following link to create a Google account using your existing email address. https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount
Step 2: Complete the Google sign-up process.
Step 3: Sign into Google Analytics page by visiting the following link . https://www.google.com/analytics, then select Analytics
Step 4: Click Sign up
Step 5: Make sure you are on the website tab, Then use the following information
- Account Name: Commissions.ng SiteName
- Websitename: Commissions.ng Sitename
- Website URL : Use your full commissions.ng website address. If you have a custom domain name, use it instead
- Industry Category : Shopping (for ecommerce module, Travel ( for hotels module) , Internet and Telecom (for web hosting module). If you have more than one module, then select anyone.
- Reporting Time zone: Nigeria
Step 6: Get Tracking ID. You must accept terms and conditions to continue.
Step 7: Copy the tracking code as show in the image below
Step 8: Log into your commissions.ng dashboard
Step 9: Click on MY WEBSITES, select your module and click on SETTINGS.
Step 10: Click on "Snippets"
Step 11: Paste your Google Analytics code into the field provided and save.
Step 13: Visit the homepage of your website.
Step 14: Go back to Google Analytics and click home. You should start seeing your website traffic now. It may take a few hours before Google recognizes the code and start displaying data for the first time.